The history of Sushi ...... particularly salmon sushi ....in Japan

 I was in Japan/Okinawa and South East Asia. 1966-1970 and I lived above a Sushi bar in the Tokyo district of  Waseda University.  

There were not a lot of 'Gaijin' (Native English speaking foreigners) in Tokyo at the time and the students wanted to practice conversational English. So, they would knock on my door at all hours and invite me down to the sushi shop where we would eat sushi, drink Kirin beer and converse in English?



Link to video

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1k4x9FrD5k4



Titbits:-  The Sushi adventures gave me an idea...?????
The Japanese Uni students were very affluent, had a thirst for learning and knowledge, but did not have much opportunity to practice conversational English, so we set up classes.  It was a goldmine in the 60's.

Comments